We are arriving at the end of infanthood and beginning plain old babyhood. I will miss the tiny baby, endless snuggles, and lots of sleeping. I am looking forward to less sad gassiness and reflux, to regular nap schedules, and to extended night sleeping.
Here is a comparison of her at two and three months. She is definitely growing! She is still a rather long baby and I wonder if the constant spitting up is making her less chunky than she would otherwise be.
She found her hands this month, what a fun tool! She doesn't really look at them, but she is an expert at getting the to her mouth. I love this photo because it looks like she is trying to cram her whole fist in.
She still has the prettiest blue eyes and I suppose I will go ahead and say that I think the blue is here to stay, lucky girl. She really is the prettiest baby, of course I am partial :).
June especially loves smiling and catching your eyes. It's almost like she can't keep herself from smiling when she sees you. Her favorite times to smile are when she has woken up early from a nap and I come to get her. It's hard to resist her when she is just giving the biggest, widest gummy smiles possible. I try not to make eye contact so I can get her back to sleep, but usually her cutest disarms me too much and I end up playing with her and messing up our schedule.
She is still sleeping long stretches, and has slept through the night twice, but not regularly yet. She is still in our room, which is part of the problem. My mom is coming to visit next week and then after that I think we will move her upstairs. I HATE the master bedroom being on a different level than the other bedrooms. At least we have the video monitor. I finally took it off Willa's crib today and put it on June, Willa keeps asking about it and I was sad too. We don't really need it for her anymore, but we love to watch her sleep and it has been there with her since the very beginning. However, it was super nice to see June while she napped today. I noticed her stirring about an hour into her nap. I was able to hurry and reinsert the pacifier before she riled herself up enough to cry. She closed her eyes again and slept another 90 minutes. I love, love, love video monitors. They are worth the money.
June still spits up a lot and has tummy pain, but overall she is a lot better. She still takes reflux medicine twice a day, but I hope to stop that soon. I'm just so excited that she is getting to the stage where I don't have to worry whether what I eat is going to upset her. She has the sweetest temperament most of the time but she can occasionally get very angry. If, for some reason I can't feed her right away- like I am driving the car, and she wants to eat and has to wait five minutes, she will get so mad that when I rush inside to nurse her two minutes later, she will refuse to latch. REFUSE!!!! I have had to put formula in her mouth with a dropper or squirt enough breast milk in until she will taste it and stop screaming. It is bizarre. She also favors nursing on one side, which is annoying. I often have to use the football hold to get her to eat on the other side. She loves her baths still and nothing beats the sweetness of a freshly cleaned baby. We feel very blessed to have our two girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment