Thursday, October 27, 2011

Not much to post about, so I thought I would show some pictures of Willa.  Love baby behinds and jean pockets.

Taking her food very seriously.

We got some family photos taken two weeks ago and they look really great.  Unfortunately, it was also the day that Willa woke up with a raging fever.  She did not give ANY smiles, but our photographer, who also happens to be my visiting teaching partner, managed to get a couple of cute shots in.

This isn't really a smile, but somehow our amazing photographer managed to shoot a picture right when she was opening her mouth, probably to cry, and make it look like a smile! 
Sooo, we were all hyped to get another chance to take pictures with a happy Willa, but two days ago she got a mosquito bite right on her eyelid!  The poor baby's eye swelled up and she was starting to look like a cyclops.  Over a month ago she got a bite on her cheek and the mark is still there, so I knew that she reacted badly to these things.  I pumped her full of benadryl for the first day, and I think it helped the swelling, but she'll still probably have a red blotch for the photos.

It rained two weeks ago and I guess it was prime season for mosquito lavae so a veritable feast ensued. Despite the climate, I think Houston is reactive rather than proactive with their mosquito hunting; they could learn a lot from Davis County's Mosquito Abatement.  It's good incentive when I am running in the morning, I have to go fast enough for the mosquitos not to bite.  Of course, I'm not very fast to begin with, but since these vampires are swollen with the blood of children in their bellies it's not too hard to out run them.

1 comment: