She started fussing pretty bad back there, but I started singing to her and she LOVES that. By the time we got home, she was singing along with me and when I went back to get her, she smiled at me even though there was tons of snot coming out of her nose and she was covered in barf. She's just a little bit of sunshine. I'm sure a lot of it was that throwing up finally made her feel better, but even before that she hadn't been fussy at all. She was a little whiney the rest of the afternoon and I'm home from church with her today (believe me, those kids at church don't want this), but overall she has been so good. Today we've been visited by rear end of things, if you get my drift, but hopefully it will all be over soon. I'm not sure how much more of this Ryan can take. Since my job has been to bathe the baby when this happens, Ryan has done a lot of disgusting fluids clean-up.
This photo is of her being smiley and cute while Ryan takes apart the carseat and washes the plastic parts outside. There were pools of vomit on it, so only a complete take-apart and machine wash would do. The other photo is from a few weeks ago when this busy bee found my phone in her crawling explorations.

Willa turns one this coming Friday. Approaching the mark has been a little bittersweet for us. Our lives have certainly been extremely happy and fulfilling with Willa, but it is sad for us to remember how different things were and how much time has passed. Mainly, we get sad thinking about being in Los Angeles and that it's almost been a year since we moved away. We think about who we would invite for a little birthday party if we were still living there, maybe we would go to the beach or Disneyland. I miss our birthing classes at the hospital and taking Ryan to get his tonsils out when I was 37 weeks pregnant. Anyway, life moves on and you have to move with it!
Poor Willa! I can't believe she is turning one already, Julia will be 16 months on Willa's birthday, time is flying! We miss you too, wish we could celebrate together!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lauren, we miss you guys! I can't believe little Julia is so old. Remember how big she looked right when Willa was born? I'm sure she would look so tiny to us now!
ReplyDeletePuke is the worst! We have had our share of it with the first one (weak stomach or esophagus or something) and it is NO FUN. A year goes so fast, doesn't it. So much happens, yet you look back and wonder what exactly you accomplished. A beautiful girl, bright and curious, is a great accomplishment! Good work, momma!
ReplyDeleteFlip-flops seem like a poor choice for barf-cleaning duty.
ReplyDeleteim proud of you driving back with all that yummy aroma :( you are braver than me! the worst part of parenting is all the cleaning and touching nasty stuff! anderson ate too many grapes one night and evan brought him into bed... he puked and i was catching it, yucky.
ReplyDelete