Monday, October 17, 2011

Can't Catch a Break

Remember how I wrote that Willa had her shots on Friday and had a pretty miserable birthday?  Well, Satruday morning she woke up and was extremely hot with a fever and chills. We thought it was just a reaction from the shots and gave her some Tylenol to get her through the day.  

Here she is looking miserable at her birthday party on Saturday.  She did manage a few bites of cake, but that's only because she's her parents' child and has a sweet tooth.  She's had this stank face for the past three days now. 

On Sunday she wasn't much better, and by Sunday night we called the nurse.  I took her into the doctor on Monday morning and my poor baby has Strep throat.  The doctor was pretty shocked, he said that he almost didn't do the test.

I feel so bad for her!  Within one week she has had the stomach flu, been cutting five teeth, got four shots, and now Strep throat!  No wonder she hasn't been eating much!  She is getting some tender loving care right now and lots of antibiotics.  The bad thing is that this whole time Ryan and I thought that the fever was from her shots and that she wasn't contagious.  I've been letting her do all sorts of naughty things to cheer her up like playing/sucking on my cell phone, car keys, and the remote controls!  Plus, sharing a water bottle and lots of kisses.  If I don't come down with it, I need to erect some type of shrine to my immune system.  Ryan and I have considered a pre-treatment of antibiotics for ourselves to nip this thing in the bud, but Dr. Alyson recommends against it.

I feel like I just did all of this!  Running around the apartment with Chlorox wipes trying to wipe everything down, looking over everything and wondering what to throw in the wash next.  I'm contemplating just buying surgical masks for whenever illness strikes.  Whomever isn't struck down gets to wear the mask until we're sure the sickness is gone.

I made this little bed for her to watch Baby Einstein.  Actually, today is the first day that we have really seen the Tylenol kick in.  I've actually heard her babble and laugh a little today, so it has actually been easier.

1 comment:

  1. poor baby! its the worst when they're so sick and you wish you could take it from them. she's adorable though! and growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete