Friday, January 6, 2017

Lost teeth!

Willa lost her first tooth sometime in October. I'm not sure when, I just remember it was wiggly for her birthday party and since she refused to wiggle it or let anyone touch it, we just let it hang there until it fell out on its own - which it did in the middle of the night. Luckily, it woke her up and she came running out of bed with it. I knew she was coming up on this milestone and had had friends lose teeth, but it just seemed so early and that there was no way it could be happening to her. I mean, all the teeth in her mouth looked extremely secure in there!!
Thar it is! You can see a giant tooth coming in behind it. A few weeks ago, we noticed that her other bottom permanent tooth was coming in. It was so far back that the baby tooth didn't get wiggly for several days. Then, it was the same old story where she wouldn't let anyone touch it. So, I just patiently waited and hoped that no one was looking too closely or judging me for allowing my daughter to go around with two rows of teeth like a little baby shark. I think that was the biggest gag for me, the shark teeth.

Like the other tooth, it fell out on its own, but this time while Willa was watching t.v. She was like, "Mom, my tooth just flipped out!" And sure enough, it had flipped out of her mouth and bounced somewhere in our enormous high-pile rug. When I say high-pile I mean serious HIGH-PILE. I love this rug, but I'm starting to regret it because it's almost impossible to care for. We broke some glass in it and even with the vacuum's hose we couldn't get down to the pieces at the bottom. What were the chances of finding a teeny wheeny baby tooth in the similar colored rug? Well, we looked and we batted and finally we pulled the couch apart and turned the rug completely over and batted it over and over again. We found a few Legos, toy money from the cash register, and the tooth! Seriously, so much can hide in this carpet, it's a little disturbing when you turn it over and toys start falling out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment