Monday, December 5, 2016

Halloween 2016

First of all, we went to a real-live orchard to pick our pumpkins this year. I don't know why we have never gone before! I think maybe I thought the entrance fee was expensive... but it was also far from the old house. We live much closer to it now and had the best time. It's actually free to get in (right on budget!) and the pumpkins ended up being way cheaper than grocery store pumpkins too. The orchard was actually a real, working orchard - not just a field where they set out pumpkins. You could also go there and pick apples, squash, beans, and other produce.

Luckily they had these cute little wheelbarrows for getting your pumpkins. I wheeled both girls for quite a bit of the trip...
We took a little tractor ride around the property. 

Carving pumpkins
 Last year we broke one of our carving knives, which of course I KNEW I'd remember and get new ones for this year, but then of course I didn't. It just seems weird to buy new Halloween stuff when Halloween is finished. So we suffered through it all and I got new knives at a post-Halloween sale. Still, what we had beats my childhood when we had to carve in the freezing cold garage with kitchen knifes. It was so cold and the pumpkin innards made your fingers freeze!

We started trick or treating and went first to our next door neighbors who have six kids. Two of the kids begged to go with us, so they quickly changed into their costumes. It was so fun to have them come along. Having next door neighbor kids and the friendships there is the childhood Ryan and I grew up with, but that we didn't think our girls would get a chance to have in Las Vegas. We love it.

Jay the Hamburger stole the show for me. He's four, but very small and would toddle after the other kids trying to catch up and yelling, "Don't forget this cheeseburger!!" It got me every time. Willa wanted to be Belle for the ward party and her school dress-up party, but by that night she decided to go full Elsa. I asked her several times if she wanted to go look at costumes at the store, but she said she wanted to wear her princess dresses. Easy for me :).

No comments:

Post a Comment