Yes, it's that time again! Last week, I actually did take the girls to get a treat and then to the library in sweatpants. I'm so ashamed. I think I had other pants on that morning, but they were so restrictive so I changed in the afternoon and then didn't think about it again until we were at Bahamas Bucks and I looked down and saw I was wearing sweatpants and fleece boots - a winning combination.
Happily, I'm pregnant so I only have to feel about 50% guilty about all the weight gain. I think this time around my body knew what was coming and decided not to procrastinate. It said, let's get all the weight on now and all the discomforts - that way we won't be stressed trying to prepare in the last trimester. I'm 25 weeks right now and due April 22nd.
Due to my "advanced maternal age" I had to do a high risk ultrasound. The baby is doing great and it's a boy!
I would have been happy to have another little girl. I feel like I know girls and can do girls. A week or two before we found out what it was, I was going through baby clothes and was excited to bring out favorite little outfits and bows again. I feel a little sad to pack those away for a while longer (or forever, who knows). A boy will be very sweet, though, and I can't wait to not have to brush out snarls in his hair while he screams at me (though, I am a little sad that he'll probably be born with luscious locks like my girls but that I'll have to start trimming them up almost immediately - it's a pride thing). It's very exciting and I'm excited to have a clean slate to get new baby clothes and to see what this new personality brings. Are we going to have to barricade everything? Buy balls? Fence in the pool? Do sports? I have no idea. Maybe he'll just be happy playing dollhouse with his sisters.
This pregnancy seems a little more tough a little earlier. I don't know if it's because it's the third, because I'm older, or because I just don't remember it clearly since June was nearly four years ago. Still, it's been relatively easy and I haven't been nauseated so I can't complain. I had a miscarriage back in April or May that was tough mainly because it was a missed miscarriage - meaning that I never actually miscarried - the baby just didn't have a heartbeat. We waited a month for it to pass on its own and I even took medicine from the doctor that should have induced the miscarriage, but it didn't work. Eventually I had to have a D&C, which was relatively easy but just annoying to have to do. It was also annoying and slightly traumatic to still be "pregnant" with lots of pregnancy hormones left inside me and feeling some symptoms for almost an entire month after finding out there was no heartbeat.
The moral of that story, is that we are happy and blessed to be expecting a healthy baby and that I'm having a healthy pregnancy so far. We told the girls around 19 or 20 weeks and they have been so excited. Willa was really too young to know what was going on when I had June, so it's been a new experience to have them very aware now. Though, they didn't notice my stomach getting bigger until I told them I was pregnant and then Willa asked, "Mom, was your tummy not always this big?" "No!!"


No comments:
Post a Comment