Monday, September 30, 2013

Texas - where the beaches have an unhealthy concentration of bad bacteria over Labor Day.

I keep thinking of little sayings to reflect our leaving Texas. None of them are particularly inventive or polite, but I need an outlet for them. I try to keep things as bland as possible on FB, so the blog is the perfect place to vent. For some reason, I keep turning them over in my mind while running in the morning.

"Smell ya later, Texas." - it really does stink here sometimes

"Texas, where there only thing bigger than its borders is its inferiority complex."

"Too bad, not sad."

"It was real, and it was not fun, and it was really not fun."

"See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya."

Is there a word for putting your thumb on your nose and wiggling your fingers while sticking out your tongue?

There are others, but I can't think of them right now. I know there are nice parts to Texas, but I am so happy to be leaving!

2 comments:

  1. These posts about Texas make me feel woefully out of touch with Cathryn's emotional state. She always seemed so optimistic and cheerful. Sure, she has expressed how it would be nice to live elsewhere on occasion, but haven't we all thought the grass is greener on the other side of the country?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just laughing out loud reading your texas posts--you are too funny :)
    When do you guys finally get to leave?

    ReplyDelete