On Sunday I was looking in the closet to get a dress for June and I found this adorable pink one. I know it's not for everyone, but I'm a sucker for smocking - especially on adorable little girls! I looked inside the dress for a tag to see what size it was and there was no tag. I took a closer look and could see the hand stitching on the hem. A little more research confirmed that my Grandma Knoles had made it. Don't you love it when extremely adorable and meaningful come to a perfect match? June looked like a little doll, seriously, like a real. live. doll. and it was all the better that the dress has some history and meaning to me.
Enlarge the first photo to catch a glimpse of her still very blue eyes. The photos don't really do her or the dress justice. When she would smile, you would just want to hug and kiss her to pieces. Seriously, she got more than her fair share of compliments at church, but what else would you expect from the cutest baby in the world?
On another fun note, I have choir practice while Ryan is in meetings on Sunday. The choir director's husband is the most baby-loving grandpa you will ever meet. It is his special job to hold June while I play the piano for the choir and he is just so excited to do it. I love our ward. Anyone and everyone is itching and fighting to hold the babies and I have seen several "old high priests" volunteer to sub in nursery when it's needed.

No comments:
Post a Comment