Thursday, May 16, 2013

What kind of mom are you?

I read a blog a while ago about different kinds of moms. It has made me think about this question and realize that I am most definitely a park mom. I like to get out and go go go. I'm not so great at sitting and playing with toys, but boy do I love the park. There is hardly any whining, the toddler gets tons of exercise, and the house stays clean since we aren't home. The best park days are when we can go with friends. Often we go with my friend Kim. When her husband is off shore and Ryan is working late we will stay for hours, and then often go to one of our houses to eat dinner together.

Sometimes I wish I was more of a stay at home mom, but I get stir crazy. If I am honest, I usually fit in an outing both before and after nap time every day. The park, the store, a friend's house, a walk, the library, the zoo, a splashpad. Today we met a friend at the park in the morning, then more friends at a bouncy castle place for the afternoon (where the kids bounced for 2 1/2 hours straight!). I love coming home and going straight to dinner and bath time. I don't think any particular kind of mom is better than another, I just know that I function best as a park mom. So, what kind of mom are you?

Here are a couple of park videos from when my parents were here.


Unrelated photo of newborn June in the outfit I wore home from the hospital. It has the look of a vintage track suit and the feel of a terrycloth bathrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment