Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chick-Fil-A, a protest day!

This morning we headed out to the park around 8:45 a.m. to get a few wiggles out before the heat really set in. Lisa and Jayden joined us and then we decided that we should hit the 11:00 a.m. library singing time.

After an hour at the park, it was too early for the library and the kids were a little hungry. There wasn't enough time to go home, park the car, lug toddler across apartment complex and up three flights of stairs (or worse, toddler insist on walking entire way and stopping to throw leaves), eat, and get back to the library. So, we decided to make an entire morning of it and stop in for a 10:15 a.m. lunch at delicious Chick-Fil-A. I would also like to thank Ryan's siblings for introducing me to Chick-fil-A last year. I had never been there before, but now I know what I was missing out on.

I knew something was wrong when the drive-thru line was backed up all the way through the parking lot. When we got inside there was also a huge line, but by then it would have taken more time to re-carseat two toddlers and find a new place. So, we found ourselves at the heart of Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day. I'm all for appreciating those delicious chicken nuggets, but I'm also practical - I will appreciate on a non-official, non-politicized day. Still, the line moved quicker than we thought it would and we got our food with minimal hassle.


Jayden tries to share some of his fruit cup with Willa, as usual she's savvy to his games and likes to play coy.
Three cheers for delicious chicken nuggets, a fruit cup, and chocolate milk! By the time we got out of there, we just barely made singing time. By then, we were all exhausted that we stayed for the minimum amount and then headed home. I had to take Willa's shoes off and tickle her feet the whole way home so that she wouldn't fall asleep. I win, though! Three hours later and napping strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment