We flew back to Texas two days ago. It is nice to be home, with Ryan, in our apartment, and back to our routine. I was thinking how grateful I am that we can afford a nice apartment and to take care of our needs as a family. We're not where we want to be, but I need to be more grateful for where we are. I can stay home with Willa, we generally have life pretty nice.
Today at the park, Willa stepped in an ant pile. I had left her for a moment to go help another little girl who was crying. The girl had climbed to the top of a toy and couldn't get down. Her mother was across the park playing on her phone and smoking a cigarette, classy. I ran to help the little girl and when I came back to Willa there were ants all over both legs! I quickly grabbed her and started swatting them off. Fire ants usually swarm the victim and then start biting, so thankfully I got to her during the swarming part instead of the biting. She still has 8-10 bites on one leg and 1-2 on the other. She cried, but I think it was mainly from the shock of me grabbing her and swatting at her legs so abruptly. Chalk one more big minus for Texas.
Hogle Zoo with Ashley and baby Mason. This lion water fountain brings back so many memories!
Final concert at Suzuki Institute, aren't my students adorable?
Willa with her very favorite best buddy, Celeste.
No comments:
Post a Comment