We got to visit Willa's Great Grandpa Daniels, the original C.R. Daniels! He looked as good as ever and informed us that he had mowed the lawn that morning. This is only interesting because he is 91. When we visited him last December, he got on the floor to play with Willa.
We luckily avoided contagion on the flight to Utah and so we were able to go visit Uncle Robert in the hospital! He looked good, but still isn't feeling up to too much activity. He decided to help Willa do some sit-ups so he could vicariously exercise through her. It was fun to see Carey too, it's the first time we've seen them since the wedding and it looks like wedded life is going well (except of course for the whole cancer thing). We are so glad to have Carey in the family now!
This is kind of a scary picture; I was going to take the red-eye out, but decided that the effect was better with it in. Robbie says he feels like a zombie these days, so here is a photo where he actually looks like one, too!

That pink butterfly is Willa's favorite toy. When I bring it out she LUNGES for it! She loves it, but also gets very frustrated with it when she's trying to eat it. I'm not sure what kind of disagreements she and the butterfly have but they involve lots of guttural sounds, a few sad sighs, and violent flapping of arms.
Hello Cathryn,
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you had a good visit in Utah.
I love the photo of Willa (May 20) while you are feeding her oatmeal. Reading your blog is a combination of reading about the heartland of America and looking at Norman Rockwell paintings.
California's loss was Texas' gain.
Same old, same old at USC. This facebook and blog stuff in new to me and I am plodding my way through the technical jungle.
If I may, with love,
Arnold