Thursday, May 12, 2011

Look Ma, No Hands!

Willa is finally sitting up on her own! She's not too steady and can't stay there for long, but she is doing it. We went in for her check-up this week and found out she is in the 50th percentile for height and weight - perfectly average, we want her blending in with her peers. Also, for inquiring minds - she is not cross-eyed. The doctor said it's an illusion that happens with babies when there isn't a lot of white in their eye. It looks like the eye is rolling inward, but really it is just rolling under the skin. If that makes sense, Peter.

In other news, I finished teaching and collected the final exam essay from my students. I was going to post some pictures of the college but I keep forgetting to bring my camera. I'm not going to make any comments, but if you would like to hear more particular details you can phone me or write me a private email. I had fun teaching, as much fun as teaching freshmen writing can be since it's not the most intriguing of subjects. It's good to be done and to have a break, I'm going to be teaching two sections of the course in the fall.


1 comment: