Sunday, March 20, 2011


We got home from picking Ryan up for work on Friday and a bunch of kids ran past us in their bathing suits. It's been warming up here, so Ryan felt inclined to take Willa for a quick dip in the pool. Because of naps and other things, we ended up not going until Saturday around 6:00 pm, so it ended up being a little cool outside and the water was chilly so the dip was very quick.


Isn't this such a cute swimming suit? I want one to match it; I was calculating just how I would make my own. Do you think they sell mommy/baby matching swimsuits? If not, that's a niche market that needs to be tapped, the next billion dollar idea!



Don't you love this stanky face she's giving Ryan?




In the pool at last! I can't wait until it is warmer and we can really play with her there. The pool as a little sloped area where it is really shallow; once she can sit up, she'll love just sitting there and splashing. Ryan and I grew up swimming and around a lot of water, my mom enrolled me in a class when I was about eighteen months where she would drop me off the diving board and pay someone to tread water in the deep end and teach me how to roll onto my back. It seems like everybody should do this with their kids; it is so important for a toddler to know how to float! Ryan and I haven't decided who will be the one dropping Willa and who will be the one treading water - I will probably pick the one where she will hate me the least.

2 comments:

  1. No amount of early-life exposure can teach her; it all depends on the presence or absence of waterfeel.

    ReplyDelete