Tuesday, March 8, 2011

This is Dr. Alyson


Isn't she beautiful? Alyson is one of my best friends from home; she is super smart and a DOCTOR. What's better, she's a pediatrician. I take advantage of this by constantly texting her things like, "Willa's spit up was a weird color," or "Can I take some Benadryl?" Dr. Alyson is always so great to respond to all my texts, phone calls, and emails. I think my favorite thing is that Dr. Alyson works in an ER so she is always thinking of worst case scenarios. "She's probably okay, but if she does it again take her to the ER for...." Dr. Alyson freaks out and this allows me to keep my cool and be the calm one. I say to her, "I think I'll wait a few days, then take her to the ER if she's not feeling better." If Dr. Alyson didn't voice my fears, then I would voice them and become irrational. Since I hear them coming from her, I can snap out of it. Dr. Alyson works in Virginia but decided that she wants to move closer to family so now she is looking for jobs in Utah. If she moves to Utah, everyone should take their kids to her because she is the best doctor and your kids will love her. She's just about as tiny as they are so they won't be intimidated at all. I thought about secretly filling out applications for her down here in Houston. Wouldn't that be funny if she got a job in Houston that she didn't remember she had applied for? However, then I realized that if she worked down here I would have to make an appointment and pay the copay instead of texting at all hours and getting information for free. Maybe Alyson should install some device on her phone that charges 50 cents for each text from friends with sick kids.

3 comments:

  1. What would we do without Dr. Alyson!!! I want to work for Dr. Alyson when she comes back to Utah and I want her to be my Grandchildren's pediatrician!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I think you should work in her office!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you guys are so funny...and cathy, youre so sweet to say all thay stuff:) I love you! Keep blogging, I love reading it:)

    ReplyDelete