After many promises (or threats) of doing so, we are starting a blog. Don't get too excited, this will probably be a blog to mainly brag about and show adorable pictures of Willa. I also promise to add in lots of stories about going to the doctor to get shots and how Willa was so brave but mommy was so sad.
To update you on our lives, here is a brief recap.
Ryan graduated from law school
I had a baby
Willa was born in October; we find very cute holiday outfits for new babies
We moved to Texas - this is our new apartment complex, a testimony to the wonders of photography and how a good photo can really improve upon a place; however, we have a TWO bedroom apartment, for just more than half the price of our Los Angeles cupboard
Ryan attempts to give Willa a hairstyle similar to his, she is not amused
Various other adorable photos of Willa
We are adjusting to life Texas style while trying not to appropriate Texas fashion styles. The livin' is large here, literally, and Ryan likes to joke that drivers try to run him off the road because they don't like to see anyone exercising. Overall, the people are very nice. I got a job as an adjunct English professor at a local community college - let the Community references begin, and Ryan is doing some contract work for another lawyer. I got called to the YW presidency a few weeks ago. I've found that you really have to watch yourselves when you're with the youth. One of the young women asked me if I was going to girl's camp. I responded, "No way!" before I realized that maybe that's not the best example for young girls. I tried to soften my response with, "It's just hard with a baby, maybe I'll be able to come up for a day!" Ryan is working with the cub scouts. If you want to know what it's like, imagine yourself in an enclosed space with hyper eight year olds.
That's our update. Hopefully we will post somewhat regularly, but no promises. Also, if you know Ryan then you will remember that he expects you to expect the unexpected.



Yay!!! I'm so happy that you started a blog. The pictures of Willa are so adorable. Paul commented on how beautiful her skin tone is. :) Can't wait to see more pictures.
ReplyDeleteI am happy too! This is great. I think your Willa is so adorable. I want to see as many pictures of her as possible.
ReplyDeleteOoo, two comments already! This is so exciting! Thanks you guys, I love and miss you both!
ReplyDeleteThanks from a very grateful grandma and grandpa who love seeing pictures of their darling grandchildren (and children, of course). Keep the pictures coming.
ReplyDeleteYou guys make me laugh. I don't doubt Ryan really is being run off the road for that reason, but go for it, Ryan! Stick it to 'em. Or should I say y'all. Or all y'all? Learning any new phraseology yet?
ReplyDeleteYou didn't tell me that you had a pool with what appears to be an enticing brick-pile. The Ritz!
ReplyDeleteKatie - I'll have to keep track of new phraseology; mainly there seems to be discrepancies between subject and verb agreement.
ReplyDeletePeter - Ah yes, The Ritz deserves and will get its own post one of these days. Though, we do have a second bedroom so you could come down and see the real deal for yourself.