Sunday, April 6, 2014

There was a little girl

It's been so nice having my parents here to visit this weekend. They have been a huge help while I've been doing this opera (which ended today, hooray!). We've all been commenting on June's temperment and my mom summed it up best with this old, favorite nursery rhyme. I looked it up again on the internet and guess what, it actually has an author.

There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.
 - Longfellow

I believe the appropriate word for June would be passionate! So happy and excited and fun. So angry and frustrated and MAD when thwarted!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. My mom always quoted that poem when describing me. Good luck! I didn't know the author either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS funny. I feel like I have a memory of hearing this in your mom's voice.

    ReplyDelete