Way back at the end of March, Ryan had a birthday! For the next six months, we are both 33.
I prepped Willa about his birthday for a week before and she was very excited. She wanted to visit him at work to ask if she could help him blow out his candles. I nixed that idea and told her that she could ask him when he got home from work. Well, as soon as he got home that day, the first words out of her mouth to him were, "Daddy, I help you blow out candles on your birthday cake?"
I can't remember what we had for dinner, but Rebecca and Brandon came over. I decided to make a cake from scratch this year and used this amazing Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse cake from my high school friend Lindsey, who is now a famous food blogger. And, as expected, it was extremely delicious and rich. I actually halved the peanut butter mousse and it was more than enough. We topped off the slices of cake with some delicious Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream - available in Las Vegas since March!!!!
I feel bad that I didn't get any photos of the big day or the cake, but that's what happens when you've had 33 of these things. Ryan got a foam roller and some Happy Socks from his parents, dress pants from Rebecca, stationary from me, clip-on running lights from Willa, and definitely the best present of all - a quad copter from his brother Robert. He definitely got spoiled this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment