Driving down our street last week, I saw the most beautiful cactus in full bloom. I couldn't believe how large and luxurious the blossoms were. When I first saw it, it was just starting to bloom and I knew it wouldn't last long. A day or two later I talked Willa into walking there with me so we could take a picture (it's about a block away).
Isn't it beautiful? I'm so glad we took the time to go look at it because when I looked the very next day all the blooms had already all wilted.
This house has a beautifully landscaped yard, here is another desert bush they have next to the cactus.
A lot of the desert plants are in bloom right now and it's so so pretty. I really love the desert landscape and I'm amazed at the beauty and life that manage to exist in this ecosystem. People have gotten really great at landscaping their xeriscapes (or maybe I'm just used to seeing them now). Instead of just a pile of rocks, they use different colors to create more textures and designs, and when you punctuate it with some beautiful desert shrubs you can't lose. Not, that I don't love grass - especially with little crawling babies around.
No comments:
Post a Comment