That brings me to our biggest four month theme - must to my chagrin and shock, little June is not consistently sleeping through the night yet. I'm hoping the last two nights is a promise of things to come, but I'm not planning on anything. She'll go in spurts, but I'm hoping that now that she is napping better, the night sleep will come. At this age, Willa had already consistently been sleeping through the night for two months. Sheesh!
Sleep training and crying it out is going well. She either doesn't wake up, or only fusses for a few minutes if she wakes up in the morning. However, she still puts up a mighty good fight during the afternoon naptime. The past few days I've just been getting her up in the afternoon after she has been fussing for a while. This makes it so she often gets one long good morning nap, and then three + shorter naps in the afternoon. Yesterday, I probably should have made her cry an afternoon nap out, but sometimes you're just tired of hearing your baby cry. Basically, I'm still figuring out her schedule and what she can do. Maybe it's just going to be her thing that she wakes up halfway through and fusses a little before going back to sleep. We've all been fighting colds this week, so I want to make sure she is healthy again before I make her really scream it out in the afternoon. She can mostly go in her bed awake and put herself to sleep, but I definitely rock her and get her good and drowsy first before I lay her down. I think she could learn to do it without the rocking if only she didn't pull the dang pacifier out of her mouth so much.
June is so smiley! She has a smile for most anyone and anything that looks at her. This is particularly good in public situations where she needs to show everyone how cute she is. Sometimes I can even get her to laugh, which is oh so cute. She is getting very curious about things and loves to watch Willa run around. She especially loves Bridgett because then she gets almost smothered with attention. Bridgett helped me give June a bath the other day. I was turning the bath faucet on and by the time I turned back around, Bridgett had ripped open the snaps on June's sleepers.
June is pretty easy going and loves to suck on all four fingers together. It isn't quite soothing enough to get her to sleep, but it definitely gets drool everywhere and soaks her clothes. She isn't rolling over yet, but I think it will be soon. She is starting to like the Bumbo a little, but just for short periods of time.
I didn't get any great photos, but she is definitely a growing baby! So so cute, I still love to kiss and snuggle her all the time. Willa wanted to be part of the picture - look how brown she is! We apply sunscreen and this is how she is!
No comments:
Post a Comment