I've talked about our awesome children's museum before, but I'll do it again because it is just so much fun. It's supposedly the best children's museum in the country (but I'm not quite sure how they collect data on that, so I'll allow for some dissent from readers). We let our pass expire in December unfortunately, but we were able to fit a trip in while my mom was here. She agreed, it was the best children's museum she's seen. She must be an expert because she did have seven children.
First at the museum, the kids get a debit card and money. They have to put the money in the ATM and add it to their debit account.
Then they work at various places to earn more money for their account. Willa loved the Veterinary Clinic and put the animals in their kennels.
She helped out at the restaurant and served me food. It was a little confusing for her since she hasn't hardly been out to eat in her life. I was at a ritzy friend's house for a group playdate. One of the other moms was complaining how her toddler "does this new thing where she won't eat her food until the waiter comes to clear the table, and then she doesn't want him to take her plate." I had to bite my tongue and I was secretly laughing inside. I can count on one hand the times when Willa has been out to eat with us. We just don't really have the budget to go out much, so if we do it's usually for a date while the children are at home. I can't imagine going out enough so that your child has a new "thing" she does when the waiter comes.
She spent her money at the grocery store. All the items can be scanned at the cash register and then you pay using your debit card.
Finally, she painted, drove a big truck, and then put gas in a small truck in the toddler area.
Houston may have a lot of things I dislike, but this Children's Museum isn't one of them. It's the bees knees, if bees had knees. I'm sad I let my pass expire (we got a zoo pass instead this time). If we end up staying here, I will definitely be renewing. Though, in the summer time this place is crazy crowded. We got there before it opened and stood in a line to get in. We had just enough time to play before it got overrun with kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment