Friday, March 1, 2013

39 Weeks - Uncharted Territory

This past week of pregnancy has been uncharted territory for me. Tomorrow I will be 39 weeks and I honestly can't believe that I'm not even overdue yet!

Willa at 39 Weeks, one week old:

Baby #2 at 39 Weeks:
With Willa, I had the mindset from the beginning that I would probably go full-term and even be overdue because she was my first baby. It was very hard this time around not to have the mindset that I would go two weeks early again! Definitely a fail for me because I found myself hesitating to make plans past week 38, and then being shocked that I was still able to carry out the plans when I hadn't birthed yet. Who knows if I'm more uncomfortable this week than I was before, or if it's just a psychosomatic symptom of being surprised to still be pregnant. I'm still running and had a surprisingly great run today, but most days it's pretty slow. I think it makes me more tired at first, but better overall - if that makes any sense.

There was a teeny added stress of having the baby early because we found out that Medicaid would cover us, then they wouldn't, but we were still covered until February 28th (long story). So of course, I needed to birth in February to save us thousands of dollars! I talked to the doctor about an induction, and he was game except Medicaid won't cover it if you are induced more than one week before your due date, which is March 9. Today being March 1, and me still being pregnant is a bit of a failure, but we were resigned to it and it's not too big of a deal. We budgeted for this baby, it was just an unexpected treat for a few days to think that we might not have to pay after all.

My visiting teachers came yesterday and one of them offered to massage a spot on my ankles that is supposed to put people into labor. She claims to have put three people into labor doing it. No labor here, but definitely sore ankles now - one of the few places where I wasn't sore before :)! Still, it would have been great to go into labor if only to have a good story to tell. I promised her that if I had the baby yesterday then I would write the story up and send it to the Ensign about a great visiting teacher.

Ryan's mom flew in on Wednesday and it has been SO nice having her here. I'm already less tired because she has helped so much with Willa and keeping things clean. Her visit has definitely made the past few days easier and I'm now hoping to have the baby before she has to change her return flight! Willa was so excited to see her Grandma Daniels (we Skype every week so she recognized her) that she started running around like a crazy child and showed more hyperactivity than Ryan or I had ever seen before. It was very, very adorable!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! You're so close to the finish line and then the real fun begins! I can't wait to see her sweet little face and know what you name her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you're still having "good" runs! I'll be stalking your blog for the next week or so watching for THE update. :)

    ReplyDelete