Sunday, January 6, 2013
Sister Pillow
Willa has started to have a very cuddly stage and I am trying to soak it all in while it lasts! The other day she sidled up to me and decided that my belly made the perfect pillow! I have a feeling that given the choice, Willa would probably prefer this nice pillow instead of a baby sister. Still, maybe she will be very good. She has been taking expert care of all her baby dolls and loves to give lots of kisses.
For a pregnancy update: I just passed the 31 week mark, I'm due March 9th. I had Willa at 38 weeks, though. I'm not sure if that was an anomaly or if that's way I cook 'em. Either way, the day is coming VERY soon! I'm feeling the regular 3rd trimester aches and pains. I don't think I noticed them as much last time because I wasn't continually forced up and down off the floor by a demanding two-year-old who wants me to follow her and play games all day. I think this baby might be sitting higher since my stomach has two settings: hungry or as stuffed as a Thanksgiving turkey. There doesn't seem to be a nice medium satiation level. I'm still running, but it's pretty slow and pathetic running. The baby is a regular Rocky and likes to punch and kick a lot. Sometimes I swear there is popcorn popping inside of me! Extra big baby? Extra small uterus? I'm not sure which, but it's hard to believe I've got two more months to grow. I'm grateful everything is going well.
My mom and I went to a bread making class on Saturday (side note: the Bosch has 800 watts of power, the KitchenAid only 250-300; if you make bread with a Bosch and let it knead the bread for at least eight minutes, it works the gluten so well that you only have to let it rise once; if you tried the same antics with a KitchenAid, you would burn it out very quickly - true story). Anyway, there was a sweet three-week old baby at the class and it got me very excited to hold and cuddle this new little one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello! Just doing some catchup on your blog! I was like who is that cute girl with the sassy short hairstyle? Since I read sister pillow, at first I was like, your sister? Wow...it's been a long day! You look awesome. Seems like things are going well- and new baby is coming soon! Excited for you! I'll make sure to check in soon! <3
ReplyDelete