Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm having a bloggers-block because there are suddenly so many things that need doing! The new year started with a whirlwind and I'm still trying to get my mojo of feeling on top of things. 

Classes at the college started up again; however, one week before they were supposed to start my supervisor called to say that my two classes weren't filling up. They would like to cancel those classes but I could have two different classes that met at similar times. The bad part - these classes met at the Kingwood campus (I was supposed to be at the brand-spanking-new satellite campus that is only a few minutes from our apartment) AND these new classes were different than what I had been planning to teach. Soo... I finally had all my lessons plans together from the last two semesters and now I was going to have to make all new lesson plans! The good part - I am now teaching a class that is on literature and writing about literature. So far, it's a lot more natural and easier (and more interesting) to talk about a short story than to discuss writing strategies like brain-storming and free-writing. 

On top of that, I got made YW president over the Christmas break. I debated writing about it on my blog, but figured that you guys probably all know already. It's been something I never never never never never wanted to do, but I'm trying to have a more positive attitude. I really like being the middleman and saying, "Huh, I'll talk to the president about that." It's annoying to have to actually be the president. I think that I will probably try passing the buck to the bishop. Let me tell you, 14 and 15 year-olds can be giant brats. BUT... I'm going to work on loving them because the sooner I love this calling, the sooner I'll get released :). I have felt blessed, though; I have two really great counselors - one of whom used to teach junior high - and who has skillz in dealing with the pubescent attitude.

The moral of all this is that whenever I would like to do a blog post, I usually decide that I need to use the time to write a lesson plan or do some churchy thing instead.

Here is Willa eating our morning smoothie. She has learned to scamper over whenever she sees us drinking it, so I have finally gotten her her own little cup. I was fighting it at first, but then I realized that it's spinach, berries, and plain yogurt. She's eating a lot less healthy things throughout the day.


We ventured out into having company for dinner. We set up a little table where the four year-old twins could eat, but didn't realize that Willa could now grab their food. She yoinked the boy's kool-aid cup and drank it/dumped it on the carpet. When we realized what had happened, she was kneeling on the ground trying to slurp it up from the floor! Thank goodness for Spot Shot!

We had this old comforter sitting out for a while just waiting to be taken to Goodwill. Willa decided to make it her Cozy Corner and loved going over to it for a quick snuggle.
She's learning so much lately and loves trying out new words! This week she learned to point to her tongue and her eye when I asked her where they were. She also is working on her fine-motor skills and learned how to zip the zipper on her quiet book last week in church. At her 15 month check-up she was 23 lb. 14 oz (66%) and 29.5" (22%).

3 comments:

  1. I love reading and seeing these pictures. keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being the YW president! I just passed my year mark of being the 2nd counselor (definitely an easier calling than the president...). You will eventually love it. My advice is to delegate a ton to your counselors. I always feel like our president is taking on too much while I could definitely do more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been first counselor for the past year, definitely a better job than president! I think that's why I'm so not excited about this calling. I know what it takes!

    ReplyDelete