I learned that I do not have a shy child. Even though it was a totally new environment, as soon as they brought the toys out, Willa looked at me, at the toys, then immediately was one of the first babies to crawl over and start playing. I feel like I was a little shy growing up, so I like that she sees what she wants and doesn't let fear get in the way. I will take some pictures tomorrow to post, but she is adorable.
Lately, she also likes reading books. She will pull out her books while I am doing something else and flip through the pages on her own. She knows which way to turn the pages and she will turn backwards if she wants to find a particular page. Sometimes if her little fingers aren't dexterous enough to get all the page turns she will get very frustrated when she can't find the exact image and page that she wants.
I just love seeing her personality come out more and more! I love how she's starting to understand and communicate more. When I ask her where Dada is, she looks at Ryan. The other day she finally started saying her M's and yesterday she crawled to me and said Ma. Of course, she probably had no idea what she did, but it seemed very deliberate :)! When we go running, often I will talk to her from the stroller and say, "Mama, I'm your Mama. Say, 'Mama'."
Drinking for a heavy water glass: note the spilled water on the carpet next to her, but nevermind - she knows what these things are for!
Playing this morning on the bed. She got her baby monitor and thought it was all kinds of fun!
I love her wild morning hair!
ReplyDeleteI love to hear your library fun! I remember that that was one of the things you were really excited about when you moved there!
ReplyDelete