Thursday, March 31, 2016

June Turns Three!

Where has time gone? Little Junie turned three at the beginning of March. I thought she'd want to have a little friend party this year, but instead she said she just wanted a family party with Bridgett and Abby. That's sooo much easier, plus I knew she'd get plenty of gifts just from us and if we had a friend party then she would just be drowning in them.

A week earlier we went to the grocery store to pick her cake out of the book. She was not impressed until Willa exclaimed, "Hey, that's the cake I had!" And then June decided she must have the exact same Frozen cake too. She calls it her "Let It Go" cake.

We had spaghetti for dinner because June doesn't like anything, so I took the path of least resistance for everyone else and gave June plain noodles with a little butter and Parmesan cheese.



She got a Snow White nightgown from the O'Kelley's and put it on immediately. They also sent a little Snow White nesting doll, which was quite the hit. I think three is a perfect age for nesting dolls. They take finger coordination, mental skill, and they are just fun. She got a Frozen nightgown (we needed to up our nightgown game because recently she has been refusing to wear any pajamas that "don't have a picture on it."

I didn't get a lot of pictures, but Play doh has been the other big hit. June's favorite thing is to watch play doh videos on YouTube, so I got her some tools and new play doh and so did Rebecca. She has played with them for HOURS. The new stuff was fresh and soft and she's started calling it "softy dough". It's funny because Rebecca got her a My Little Pony play doh set and June had me open everything so she could take a look. She picked up this one tool and said, "Oh, is this an 'struder?" I could not understand her! I was like strudel? what? She kept saying it and finally I was like, "An extruder?" Yes! That was it! She was so excited, she kept saying, "I can't believe I got a 'struder!" And if that's not evidence that she watches wayyyy too much of those weird play doh YouTube videos,mother I don't know what is. An extruder, for those of us less informed, is a tool you put the play doh in and push it out in a certain shape.

One of the other gifts I got her is this fake make up set that I'd seen at Shannon's. It's so realistic looking! It has all the little compacts and inside is colored foam. It looks so real, you have to touch it to tell that it's foam. She has become very adept at asking what each compact is for and how to apply it.

The night before, I stayed up late putting up a few streamers and balloons. I did it for Willa's birthday in my small attempt to be festive, but it hasn't been a tradition by any means. Well, I guess it is now because as soon as June and Willa woke up, Willa turned and said, "June, let's go look and see all the decorations for your birthday!" It was like Christmas morning. I breathed a huge sigh of relief that I'd actually done it instead of reverting to my usual lazy mode and path of least resistance.

June got spoiled, spoiled, spoiled with gifts and love. She is such a silly soul, but also very passionate, as I've often mentioned. She's suddenly really gotten into princesses and has also started being very vocal about what she's going to wear. Sigh. She says and does so many funny things that I want to bottle this sweet age up and never let it go. (The other 90% of the time I'm wondering if I can last a few more months until she's out of the terrible 2 1/2-3 1/2's.) She's very tactile and loves painting, coloring, and play doh activities. Last week she was painting and trying to use all the colors and she said, "Oh, forgive me mommy, I forgot to use green!" She's very good at holding three fingers up and loves to find anything else that is three like her. "Three colors, three like me!" So glad we have our June.

No comments:

Post a Comment