Willa started preschool the week after Labor Day. We were both very excited for her to start! I even put off a much-needed Costco trip for the tantalizing prospect of only having to go with one child if I waited just a few more days.
We had to reschedule a piano lesson for 7:30 am the first morning of school, and we drove directly to preschool from there, which made it a very long morning for Willa. Other than that, she had a great time. She was a little put out that they didn't make treats in preschool. She did the summer camp, which was "Read it and Eat it" and assumed since it was at the same building with the same teacher that it would be the same activities too. I didn't even think to explain that out to her.
Getting ready for her first day
We were running a little late after piano, so I rushed her in and didn't have time to get a photo until preschool ended. By that time, she was getting pretty tired and I had a hard time getting a good photo. Oh well, you get the idea. I might try to retake one before they change the bulletin board.
The most surprising thing for me is that Willa actually doesn't love it as much as I thought she would. I mean, she enjoys it and has a good time, but after two or three weeks of going every Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8:30-11:30, she is realizing that we don't have as much free time as before. She'd probably prefer a Tuesday/Thursday class just because then we would have more free mornings in the week. I'm glad she's three days a week, but I miss our mornings too. I wish I could have done afternoon classes for her, because the afternoon is kind of a hard time to get out for activities anyway and it would have left all our mornings free for parks and museums and exploring. The afternoon classes run 12:30-3:30 and I thought it would be too hard on June's nap most days because I like to put her down earlier and I can't exactly leave her sleeping at the house while I run to drop Willa off. In the end, it probably would have been fine because we're already getting back late after preschool pick-up, then we have to eat lunch, etc. So sometimes she's not getting a nap in until closer to 1 pm anyway. Ah well, that's life with the second child, I suppose. I'm trying to do some fun things still, but most of our little friends have started kindergarten or have preschool Tuesday/Thursday mornings, so they aren't available. I just tell myself that I was doing a little too good of a job getting the kids out of the house and having amusements. They've gotten spoiled at always being taken somewhere to have fun instead of playing fun things at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment