Ta da! I'm officially a real grown up. I can now buy bulk items in the freezer section at Costco and open the kitchen freezer without risking several heavy frozen objects falling out on my toes. I love it so much. Now I think it just needs a little matching friend refrigerator to go with it.
So now I'm 35 and it does feel a bit old. I swear my gray hairs have suddenly multiplied around my temples. I might have to start dyeing my hair in the next year or so, or maybe I'll just let it go gray naturally. It's weird to think about gray hair for me. My body is shutting down; a betrayal and sign of my own physical fallibility in the more dramatic interpretation.
Rebecca volunteered to babysit so Ryan and I went out for dinner. It was an actual sit-down restaurant that didn't serve pizza or burgers, win! I don't remember the last time we got an actual date on my actual birthday, so it really all felt quite festive. They belatedly sang to me in Primary today (I'm the pianist). When we sing to the kids we give them a special card to take to the bishop after church where he gives them a giant star lollipop. I love it, the kids look forward to it and the bishop gets to personally talk to each child at least once a year. When the adults have a birthday, they give us a little card that says we can go to Relief Society that day if we want. I just laughed when they handed me mine, the pianist can't quite get up and leave like some of the others during sharing time.

No comments:
Post a Comment