This forecast was from Saturday, you can see that it was 82 degrees when I took the screen shot at 6:52 am and that the high was supposed to be 115!! Yikes! I think it only got to 113, but tomatoes tomahtoes, if you know what I mean. It reminds me of the Irving Berlin song "Heat Wave" from White Christmas. We really enjoyed a cooler than average spring and were able to play outside until just two weeks ago, and then bam, it hit! We've been in the 110's for almost two weeks and there's no sign of it letting up.
This is mainly what we do:

Some weeks we have swam days in a row for hours at a time. This is pool is at a friend's house. You just have to have a pool here if you possibly can. Sure, there are neighborhood pools and those are great, but it's just so hot here. It's so nice to have a way to spend several hours outdoors at your own home without having to pack up for a trip to the pool. The Thalman's grandma has a nice pool by the temple. We spent over four hours the other day playing. It was great to be able to take a break for lunch and run back in again. I'm still trying to get outdoor time everyday with the girls because they need it. We went to the splash pad on Saturday while it was still early. Ryan and I watched the girls run back and forth and commented on how they could never get this much energy out or be so active inside a house, at least not ours. On days when we don't get out, they are so much more sedentary and I don't even notice how little they have moved until I compare what we did indoors all day to other days when we've gotten out. It's a little scary to me. Plus, I know that we all bicker a lot more. The girls with each other and me with both of them - my temper is not nearly as patient and helpful on cooped up days. So here's to the rest of the summer! Fingers crossed we survive!
No comments:
Post a Comment