Friday, June 19, 2015

Preschool Graduation and Swim Party

Two weeks ago we had our last day of preschool. We had a swim party and just let the girls play. I feel so lucky to have been part of this amazing group of moms that have worked so hard to make a great preschool experience for all our girls this year. Twice every week Willa had great lessons and activities and just loved going to preschool. I was impressed at how prepared everyone was when it was their week to teach. Plus, I only really knew one of the moms before we started and now I feel like I have a lot of new friends whom I wouldn't have met otherwise.

The swim party was a lot of fun. The only bad part was that we planned on a potluck. I assumed that all the other moms would bring lots of chips and junk food, so I decided to bring some watermelon. All the other moms had the same idea and everyone brought a big platter of fruits or vegetables. This wouldn't have been a problem except the girls didn't eat much breakfast. June even told me she was hungry as we were getting into the car, but I told her there would be plenty to eat there. She ate a ton of watermelon, but was pretty whiney the whole time and kept crying that she was hungry. Willa swam about two solid hours without complaint, but she wilted pretty soon after it was time to get out of the pool, as you can see from the photos.

The class: Camille, Paige, Hailey, Aria, Willa, and Maya




Throughout the year, we had a teddy bear named Tessa Teddy. The girls each got a turn with her whenever it was her week to have preschool at her house. We kept a little journal with adventures they had with Tessa and they got to tell the class about it. They LOVED when it was their turn and it was sad indeed when we were on our last rotation and each girl realized it was her last turn with Tessa. One of the moms got each of the girls a Tessa as a present. Actually, she's "Tessa's sister" if we want to get really specific.
Of course, now that we have a Tessa here all the time, she spent the last two weeks forgotten behind the couch. Isn't that just always how it is? June is very thrilled with Tessa and likes to take possession a lot. I think it makes her feel like a big girl. We loved our preschool and I even got the hang of it by the end and stopped dreading when it was my week. Only one of the moms has a baby June's age. I hope we can make another co-op again!


No comments:

Post a Comment