Friday, November 21, 2014

June says "yesh", Willa gets cast wet, My phone goes black

June is still so sweet and adorable and naughty and mischievous and funny. She adds to her vocabulary almost daily and loves repeating what we say and trying new sounds. A few days ago, I asked her something and she said, "Yesh." I realized that was the first time she had ever said it, before she had just been saying, "Huh." It is so adorable (and helpful)! Her little voice is so cute trying to say it so precisely. I really need to get it on camera. June also likes to bring me things and then run away with them laughing when I reach out to grab them. She loves playing in the kitchen sink with the water running. Which is helpful and annoying at the same time. It keeps her occupied for almost an hour if I let it and it's nice to cook or clean while she's doing it. But, it also blocks up the kitchen space and she gets her clothes wet and I feel bad wasting water.

Two nights ago Willa decided to swim in the bathtub, which she used to do a lot before the cast. This time, the water was higher than normal and neither of us were thinking until I saw water pouring into the top of the plastic bag. When she got out of the bath, there was water in the bottom of the bag and it was dirty colored - like maybe it had gone through a dirty cast and washed away some of the dried blood from her arm, yuck. I didn't really think too much about it, and went off to YW, but that night Ryan said it was dripping all over. I called the doctor in the morning and they thought we'd better change it because with the rods sticking out of the skin they could get infected. So, we are back to a purple cast! When they took the old one off, you could see dirt and glitter on her arm. The glitter is from all her princess dresses. She cried and cried even though it didn't hurt. She started crying before they even started. She did not get the Sonic Slush that I promised her IF she didn't cry.... more crying.

 On Wednesday my phone went black... after it slid out of my pocket and onto the ground. After many annoying phone calls (made by Ryan), I went to the Apple store and they changed the screen for me for free since it was still under warranty. The worker was very nice, even when I admitted that the phone may have "slipped" a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment