The girls loved it and June especially couldn't get enough of anything. It must have been a sensory overload being in the woods and on the lake since all she has known in a Las Vegas backyard (similar to a giant litter box since it is just a patio and rocks surrounded by cinder block walls). She wanted her shoes on from the early morning and was very demanding about going outside.
Our first night, the mama moose and her twin babies came to rest on the grass. It was amazing! It was actually much later than the photo suggests, so the girls were already in bed. My mom kept a jar of peanuts handy for the girls to lay out on the veranda to attract squirrels, so they still got to see plenty of wildlife and the loved replacing the missing peanuts. June squealed like a banshee with excitement every time she saw an animal.
Picking wildflowers and swinging.
June wanted to ride this little carved bear and she liked to pet it and roar. I couldn't get the red eye out, but I wanted you to appreciate her long and luscious locks.
We went to Big Springs to feed the fish and then walked through Johnny Sacks cabin. It's an old cabin that was built by hand and is now owned by the Forest Service and open for tours.
June liked the four wheeler and the wave runner. Willa liked neither. She tried the four wheeler once, but didn't want to go again. I was afraid of machines when I was young too. I didn't like not being in control of the speed if someone else was driving. Willa wouldn't do the wave runner at all and when I would go or take June, she would stand on the dock and yell, "Be safe Mommy! Don't fall in the water! Don't let June fall in the water! Be safe!" She's a bit of a worrier, but I love her.
A lot of this went on. Overall, it was much cooler than we were expecting , though and usual summer activities were too chilly. I went wakeboarding twice and the second time the water was so glassy that I could see the reflection on the clouds and trees in the water. It was extremely pleasant.
Willa , my dad, and I took the kayaks down the river. Last year I took Willa in a rubber raft. The kayak was definitely a rougher ride for her. She mainly stayed calm when I kept reassuring her that I wouldn't let her fall in. She was happy to tell Ryan how brave she was.
All in all, a successful trip!






No comments:
Post a Comment