I have about a million things to do, but I wanted a quick update. Work is going fantastic. It's crazy and strange. Our entire marriage has been almost seven years of law school and then the Texas fiasco. He was never home and when he got home, he was exhausted. Now, he leaves late enough in the morning that I usually have time to go running and shower. He's home by 5:30 and he's not completely wiped out from the day so he can play with the kids and help with bedtime. He is also enjoying his job, shock! and comes home in a good mood. Really, I doubt he's been this stress-free the entire time we've been married. It's so different than anything we've ever experienced! In Texas he left at 6:30 am and usually didn't get home until after 7 pm, usually when I was putting Willa down for bed. It was a long day. Now, it's just the perfect amount. I'm actually being a lot more productive too! We're only into week two, so definitely we expect things won't always be so easy, but right now we are enjoying it.
I ran the kids up to Utah (driving, by myself!) for a few days for Dr. Alyson's wedding. It was wonderful and she looked very beautiful and happy. Her dress was amazing!
It was a short trip, so we mainly hung out at my mom's house. We did manage to get the girls in for a much needed (and dreaded) haircut. Willa was terrified once we got there and was crying and clinging to me. It's my fault for not preparing her better by talking through everything that would happen. It was just new to her and scary.
At the last minute we decided to cut about an inch of shaggy mullet off of June. A stranger's eye might not notice, but it does look a little better. I probably should have taken more off, but I just couldn't. 
No comments:
Post a Comment