Well, one by one, we all fell to the stomach virus. It was pretty nasty. The nausea was worse than I've experienced before. I actually only threw up once, thanks to my iron belly. The bad part is that June was crying and up with a slight fever, so I had to run to the bathroom, set her down on the floor behind me, puke, and then hurry and get out of there before she tried to climb up the side of the toilet (she's got great scaling skills these days). Ryan wasn't so lucky and it took him a few days before he was back to feeling completely normal. I finally started cleaning our master bathroom today, the main site of all the carnage. Shudder.... it was not pretty.
On Saturday, though, we took a family hike to Red Rock. Being active, being outside, and all being together is my very favorite thing. When we're on the move doing something there isn't a lot of whining or boredom. Willa is the perfect age. She did not stop jabbering the entire hike up and down. She pointed out rocks, deliberated on which direction we should take, jumped of things, and was the most delightful little traveling companion. We stopped at a big rock to eat our snack. Willa is big into picnics, so the snack at the top was very important. She kept saying, "Our happy family. Our family picnic." It was so sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment