Thursday, February 6, 2014

June is 11 Months

My, oh my! Where has the time gone? I feel like I was JUST pregnant. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I'm still sore from being pregnant with June. In fact, I've still got the belly pouch to prove it :). I can't believe that she's almost a year. I feel like she's way too young, much younger than Willa was at eleven months. Then again, sometimes she surprises me with what she can do and then I think she's a baby genius instead of just developmentally on target :).

Here she is, fitting quite nicely in 12-18 month clothes (with a piece of hair coming right down her forehead). She's still got gray/blue eyes. They are such an interesting color. How do eye genes work, anyway? Is it like mixing paint? Not complaining, but it is so strange!

 June loves snuggles and soft things. She loves Willa and being in on all the action. If I'm playing with her in her room and we can hear Ryan or Willa somewhere else in the house, she will go explore to find them in the bathroom or in Willa's room. She comes crawling into wherever they are and is so happy to be right in the middle of things. When I disrupt her attempts to join the party, she is very vocal and very angry. She is such a happy and outgoing baby girl and is doing a little better with daddy now that she is more mobile.

June has amazing finger dexterity. Her pincer grasp was very good from early on. She loves to smack my hand away when I'm trying to give her a food or drink that she doesn't want. She'll take a drink, then smack my hand out of the way to indicate that she wants more food. As I'm feeding her, she'll smack my hand away to show that she wants a drink. She knows that the stacking rings actually stack and she attempts and usually succeeds in stacking one or two of them. The same goes for the stacking cups. She gets very frustrated and starts crying if she isn't able to get one of them to stack up.

She's a big creature of habit and has a good memory. In the evening, after she is bathed and dressed, when I pick her up and start walking to the "nursing" chair, she immediately drops her pacifier out of her mouth. When we're in the kitchen and I open the pantry door she also immediately drops the pacifier in anticipation of a snack. She's likes to open and close her hands, clap, and wave her arms in anticipation or to say that she REALLY wants something that one of us has. She's still not the greatest sleeper. Sometimes she makes it to 5:30 am, sometimes I feed her earlier than that. Hopefully it will come soon, but at least she is sleeping most the night and falling right back to sleep after nursing.

Not to be left out, Willa asked me to take her picture with the owl, too. She's such a sweetheart and she really is having a tough time being a big sister sometimes. She'll come and play in the same room where I am with June, but June keeps trying to "get" her and obviously wants to play with whatever Willa is playing with. So, Willa will leave a toy for June and go onto something else, but that just causes her pesky sister to follow her. Life is hard. Willa is starting to understand the concept of family. She talks about our happy family and that she's a big sister. She told me that her daddy's name was Ryan and that he was her big brother, ha ha. I love how her little mind works! He's a boy, so he must be the big brother. She has also informed us on numerous occasions that daddy's favorite color is blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment