I don't feel like I have too many things to write about these days, just the ho-hum of our everyday. June has decided to bypass crawling in favor a scooting method. She learned how to push herself back up to sitting right as she was learning to crawl, so I think this deterred her from crawling because she would just get her pesky foot/leg in the way and it would put her back in sitting position. So now she uses that foot to push off and does a three-legged crawl. She's not super fast, but is a lot more mobile than I'm used to. I set her down next to me in the kitchen yesterday as I made dinner. A few minutes later I went to find her and she'd crossed out of the kitchen, through the living room, up the two little stairs to the foyer, and was heading into the bathroom! She's going to keep me on my toes.
Her diaper and clothing changes have become even more impossible to execute, if that's even possible. She'll also start shrieking like she's hurt herself, but I realized that she's just angry that she's not being allowed to flip over and start moving to reach her prize. Things are getting dicier with Willa as June makes a move for beloved (and unloved) toys. Willa's biggest argument against June grabbing something is, "That's NOT a toy!!" Which is funny because it usually is a toy that June is grabbing.
Willa has started saying, "Oh my, that is TERRIBLE." I have no idea where she picked it up but she's now used it several times and it cracks me up. We have daily fights about getting dressed in the morning and doing her hair. Both of us are pretty determined about it! I just appreciate having a child look presentable for the day; she appreciates the softness of jammies and not having her hair squirted with water. She also refuses to wear jeans or anything stiff that's not a soft knit fabric. Unfortunately, these also happen to be the cutest clothes that she owns, so often, even though she gets dressed it's not a huge improvement :). She also broke her glasses for the second time in the four months that we've had them. I was pretty angry, but thankfully we have a back-up pair. The store where we bought them (the good one that doesn't accept insurance) actually has a lifetime warranty on all glasses. So, when she breaks them, we just put them in a box and mail them back. The store mails us a new pair in about a week. It seemed expensive when we first bought the glasses, but going on our third pair... I think it was the right choice.
I've started training for the Red Rock Half Marathon in March. It was Ryan's idea (he was training too, but a sprained ankle has possibly taken him out of contention). I'm in such bad shape, the first long run was only six miles. I usually do only 2-3 miles every morning, but not longer. I was so tired after just six that my abs were even sore. It's embarrassing and I'm torn between wishing Ryan had never mentioned this race and happy that I'm getting a little out of my comfort zone. I'm up to ten miles now and still come back pretty sore. Sometimes I have to do my long running at night after the girls are in bed, which is the last thing I feel like doing by then. With Ryan out of commission, I've been going about 5 am. June has decided she'd rather not sleep through the night, so I'll feed her about 4:45 and then get ready and go.
Last night, she woke up at 3:45, so I put in my earplugs and thought she would go back to sleep, but an hour later she was still going at it, so I fed her and then went running. I so wish she was a better sleeper, but at the same time nursing a clean, soft baby in the middle of the night with their pudgy little hands is about the sweetest thing in the world. The main reason I try to have her cry it out is because I think she actually naps better when she's used to putting herself back to sleep during the night. Her naps are longer and she wakes up happier. Over the Christmas break she was like clockwork sleeping 12 + hrs each night and taking two long naps. I thought we'd conquered the sleeping beast, but apparently not. Aye, yei yei.
No comments:
Post a Comment