It's taken about a month, but my sweet Willa is mostly back to her sweet self! I read in a BYU magazine about a study concerning the amount of time mothers spent with each of their children. Even accounting for all other factors, mothers still spent more time overall with the oldest child. On the one hand, this is sad that the other kids never get quite as much attention, on the other hand it is completely understandable.
Willa is my little buddy. She was my first baby and we were just learning together. We have been each others' company every day, all day - sometimes with no one else! Even with more kids, she is still going to be my buddy. Because she's the oldest, she is going to help me (she already is great at bouncing June in the bouncy chair and helping give her baths), and I'm pretty sure that she will continue to be my little companion to talk to during the day when I need conversation. So, instead of feeling bad about spending a little more time with Willa, I'm going to embrace it as a part of her privilege and responsibility of being the oldest.
She really loves when June lays on the floor. She almost always come over to sit by June, hold her hand, kiss her, and pet her hair. I think maybe she feels too intimidated or shy to come over and show a lot of affection when others are holding June.
I also had to show this little photo. I love both of my girls' crazy hair! Willa had just woken up from a nap was very out of sorts. I let her have a pacifier for a bit and I also got this little doll carseat that I had found at a consignment store. I have kept it in the attic until a moment when she would need something to cheer her up. She was in love and wanted to take her baby to the store in the grocery cart, just like I do with June. It's so funny what they notice and want to imitate!
Her hair is seriously amazing. Well, just like her mom's....
ReplyDeleteI love your posts about your girls. They are such a pleasure to read! Glad you're enjoying them so much.