Little June turned one month yesterday! I can't believe so much time has passed. With Willa, it was definitely a more stressful first month as I tried to figure everything out and adjust to having a different life. With June, it's just so much easier this time around. She's not a better baby than Willa (she might be more fussy, even), but I am just so much more relaxed. (I know I've been saying that every post, but it's so true and I keep thinking about it!)
June is filling out and getting really chubby cheeks. Her little hands and feet are starting to be soft and dimply instead of scrawny newborn hands and feet. She is getting little rolls on her legs and overall she is just growing too fast for me! The newborn phase is scary to me because of all the crying and not sleeping, and I definitely love when they get older and more interactive, but personally I still do love newborns. As June gets bigger and bigger it makes me want another small baby! Don't worry, no plans for that AT ALL!!!
Here are her one month pictures, laying next to a little owl. She was a little crabby so I couldn't get anything too good before she started screaming.
June is a fabulous little nurser and sleeper. She's not great with naps - she does nap, but almost always needs settling back down a few times during each nap. However, she is a GREAT little sleeper at night. Two of the last three nights she has only woken up ONE time! I feed her around 9 or 9:30 pm, she goes to sleep within an hour and doesn't wake up to eat again until around 2 am, then she sleeps until 5:30ish. I consider 5:30 morning since Ryan and I are up and our day has started by then. I hope this pattern keeps up! I absolutely love and recommend the books Babywise and Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby. I honestly think that following their recommendations (and picking and choosing which recommendations work for you) really helps the babies regulate their sleep and eating patterns early on.
At book club the other day, this one mother nursed her 8 month old twice while we were there. I know that everyone has their own way of parenting, but to me babies do not get hungry that quickly if they have had a full feeding the first time. If he is eating that frequently and for such short amounts of time, that is a lot of wear and tear on the mom and not necessary. In my opinion, it would be better to combine those feedings into one longer feeding that happens less frequently. Obviously, this is just my opinion and everyone can do what they want. If your baby is hungry, then feed him. But, if he is merely bored or fussy, that doesn't mean he is hungry. Anyway, that was my soapbox.
I love these books, over 80% of all Babywise babies are sleeping through the night at six weeks old. Willa didn't sleep through until 10 weeks, but very soon after that she was sleeping 10-11 hours straight each night. I have to give June herself some credit for sleeping well. I noticed while I was pregnant that she was really active around 8 or 9 pm when I would sit down, but in the middle of the night she never ever bothered me. I remember waking up in the morning even during the last week of my pregnancy with the baby being so still that I would have to think for a minute whether or not I was even pregnant. Weird, but true.
Back to June, she is very cute. Her hair is very long and crazy. I think it might be longer than Willa's was, she definitely has a different hairline and it grows differently. When it gets wet it is CURLY. We will see if it lasts. Her eyes are a pretty clear dark blue, it feels to me like they are lightening and might stay blue, but I kind of doubt it. If I were a betting woman, I wonder what odds I would give her for having blue eyes. 10:1, 20:1, 1000:1? Overall, besides the hair she does not look anything like Willa at this age. Having said that, I have a feeling that in 20 years I won't be able to tell who is who from looking at baby pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment