Friday, September 28, 2012

It's a baby

I'm 17 weeks pregnant today and I don't have many other newsworthy items that I feel like blogging about, so I thought I'd spill the beans. I'm due March 9th and things are going really well.

I think I'm showing a little earlier, but still right in that really annoying stage where maternity clothes are too big and look weird, and regular clothes are starting to look strange too. But, that's not much of a complaint.

It's been a really easy pregnancy, like last time, maybe even easier because I get nap time every day if I want and I'm not sitting at an office desk thinking about my symptoms. There have been a handful of times when I've thought, "Ugh, I just don't feel well. Did I eat something funky?" And then I remember that I am pregnant and maybe the nauseated feeling is related to that. But really, it hasn't been that often and it's more frequent that I wonder if I am actually pregnant at all. I just went to the doctor for the first time, so it was reassuring to see the baby and realize that I'm not imagining everything.

It's definitely a different feeling the second time around. I'm kind of nervous because of our unsettled situation right now. I'm nervous to have two kids and all that that entails. I'm scared that we might have a boy. We don't know if it's a boy or girl yet, but we are definitely finding out. In my opinion, I can be just as surprised at the doctor's office as I can be at the hospital. With the former situation, I won't be exhausted from the throws of labor and I will have time to wash and prepare baby clothes. Willa has been such an easy, good baby! Some of the little boys at church are absolute terrors. Willa is so good that most of the time during diaper changes she just peacefully lays on the floor and when I'm all finished I have to tell her "All done, you can get up now," or else she would just keep laying there. Plus, I don't want to have to deal with the circumcision and the peeing and all that stuff (minor, I know).

Still, overall I am so so SO blessed to be pregnant and that this is something that is relatively easy for us. I have so many friends and family members who struggle; I don't take one day of pregnancy for granted, it is a miracle and a blessing.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, YAY! Congratulations!! I can't wait to read about the adventures of the Daniels family of 4. You guys are such good parents to Willa that any kiddo will be lucky to join your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!! My mom just told me on Sunday. Glad you're feeling well and I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl. Boys can be wild but are so much fun! We need to catch up soon. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!! Don't worry, not all boys are terrors. :O) Although it does seem like girls are better behaved. Oh well. Either is a blessing! Super excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! We're so happy for you! How fun that we get to see you (hopefully) this week! It's good you're still so early because we wouldn't want to follow the trend of labor-inducing visits with the Daniels.

    ReplyDelete