Last year we were still in the middle of a massive heatwave in September, thankfully this year was a lot more mild with a lot more rain to keep the temperatures down. Someone posted on Facebook that last year there were 47 days above 100 degrees, this summer there were only 3. I believe it. It has been hot, but not nearly the stab-my-eyeballs with a fork misery of last summer. I think we're past the hot melting days and have downgraded to just hot days.
I never thought that I would miss the seasons, but now the thought of seeing leaves falling and feeling the autumn air is so tantalizing. I actually miss the snow and the cold! I want to listen to Christmas music and drink cocoa and not have it 90 degrees outside! This may be a case of "distance makes the heart grow fonder" but I'm ready to be done being hot. If anything could have cured my anxiety about cold that I got from my mission, it's definitely the anxiety about heat that I get from Houston.
Here are a few random photos. Willa as a newborn, looking like a boy in her USC onesie. I looked into getting her a USC Song Girl outfit for Halloween, but it was $100!!!! The cheerleader outfit was cheaper, but even in real life, who wants to be a USC cheerleader when you can be a Song Girl?
Recent lunch at Chick Fil A with Jayden. Such a big girl drinking her milk.
Willa thinks Jayden is especially hilarious sometimes.
Trying to carry the present to go to her very first FRIEND birthday party! Bridgett turned two and had a cute little party, Willa got spruced up to go, even though she was slightly intimidated by all the other little toddlers once she got there.


No comments:
Post a Comment