Wednesday was my last final and I am turning grades in today! Since all my students had to prepare a poetry presentation and turn in a two-page analysis on the poem of their choice, I thought I'd sum up my own thoughts and feelings with a little poem.
No more papers,
No more books,
No more students' dirty looks!
It's been a hard semester juggling the two classes, Willa, and YW. There were always papers to grade and I think having to go every MWF was hard. Last year, when Willa took three naps a day, it wasn't a big deal, but now she just naps once - usually while I'm at class, which leaves me very little time to get things done. Next fall I asked to do just one night class again, so I'm looking forward to that. There was a babysitter break-through about a month ago, Willa stopped crying every time I dropped her off. She finally started understanding that their house (and little boy) was a whole lot more fun than playing with boring mommy all day.
In honor of freedom, here are some summer pictures. I picked up some baby sunglasses at Target and Willa LOVES them. Whenever she sees them, she whines to put them on, it's become a little annoying and now I have to hide them. She thinks she is very hot stuff, and I think so too (especially with that pacifier!). I love when we get home and she is wearing them because she will run to the bedroom and look at herself in front of the mirror for several minutes!
Being very wary by the grate. I know that babies aren't supposed to remember much, but Willa definitely remembers where she fell and broke her wrist. She is VERY careful around grates now and also going down any steps where there is a chance she could fall.
Grandma Daniels sent Willa an adorable ladybug swim cover-up and matching hat! This is our first pool-outing in the new duds and they were a hit. Willa is looking slightly grumpy, but she is actually being very patient in allowing me to take a picture when she really just wants to go swimming.

Love the sunglasses and the new hat and cover-up. Hope to see her in it when she comes to visit. Have a great day!!!
ReplyDelete