Here we are at the Christmas tree lot, picking out our perfect tree! Ryan just finished shaking the snow off and is holding it up so we can see how tall it is.
Yep, this is the perfect tree! Tying it on the roof for the drive home.
Make sure those straps are tight!
Trimming the tree
It was touch and go for a while. There was a big argument at the tree lot about whether it was too tall or not. I said that we should just get it because it was so obviously the perfect tree, if it was too tall then we could just lop the top off and give it to our butler, who might give it to a rabbit, and a little mouse might end up with the very top. Ryan really didn't want to have to cut off the top, though, with all that mess and sap. Luckily, this one just barely fit.
Here's a recent picture of Willa. My sweet angel-baby has become a demon toddler with the onset of walking. She especially likes screaming in the grocery cart because she wants to get down and push the cart herself. After I took this photo, I noticed that there was still dish detergent in there that she was eating and I had to run and call poison control! The first of many such calls, probably.


this is SO you guys :) love it!
ReplyDeletewe have the same picture of the kid on the dishwasher, super cute!!
That is my all-time favorite Christmas story! I've never met another person who knew it - of course, I don't bring up children's books on a regular basis...
ReplyDeleteOur first tree was 4ft tall and pretty full. We put in on top of one of those folding card tables. I'm obsessed with christmas and decorating. I don't know if you remember how ridiculously small our apt was but I refused to go without a tree so we were pretty cramped for a while there! I love the one you got, it's adorable! and Willa is so cute!
ReplyDeleteThat photo series is hilarious. Happy new year.
ReplyDelete