Ryan really wanted to restart his tradition of running a Thanksgiving morning Turkey Trot, so we found a race and signed up! We both ran and I pushed Willa in the stroller. We're glad we did it, but if we do it again, we won't go with high expectations. It was a HUGE race downtown and the course just wasn't wide enough so it never really thinned out. I dutifully lined up towards the back, since I had a stroller, and was seriously dodging people the entire time just to stay at a slow jog.
Ryan didn't fair much better, he got first in his age group and eleventh overall, but he couldn't even squeeze his way to the starting line and when he looked around he was disconcerted by the number of elderly and young kids who were at the start with him and whom he had to dodge around. However, we both agree that running a 5k is nice and short, so much less to worry about, and less to suffer through.
We got an annual pass to the Children's Museum for $60! It's supposedly the best children's museum in the country and the entire second floor is an area just for toddlers. Here is Willa loving the uneven surfaces that she could crawl on. I have come to the realization that I am a person who likes to get out and do things. So, now I have one more fun place for us to go where she can crawl around and explore.


Peace very where to you, Daniels family!
ReplyDeleteHa. I ran into that same problem with that card. How is it supposed to be parsed when only one letter is missing? I was about to complain to Cathryn about it until I realized that it was meant to be a puzzle.
ReplyDeleteI've been dying to to a turkey trot run! Tiny and I were never runners. We played volleyball and football so that kind of endurance is just not in us right now. One my goals for 2012 is to sign up for a 5k run and a 5k mud run! Anyway, I'm so stoked you have passes to the children's museum because I literally was just looking at it online a few days ago, trying to get an idea of what to do while we're in Houston. The museum is definitely a place we plan to visit. I'll have to get a hold of you when that happens!
ReplyDeleteThe closest I ever come to running anything is when I watch The Biggest Loser. Hats off to you guys for doing so well!
ReplyDeletePS: I can't wait to start doing the museum thing with Charlie. Oh the places we'll go...