Things are just rosy around here. Little Willa (finally) learned how to pull herself up to standing this past week. She has pulled up to her knees for a long time, but never seemed interested in going for the whole tamale. It only took her one or two times to figure out the skill, and now she thinks she is hot stuff as she pulls up and starts cruising around. I realize that most everything I am writing in here happens to all the other babies in the world, so I'm not offended of you want to stop reading. There are a billion babies in the world but I only have one of them, and all these little steps are so amazing to me.
She loves the fridge and scurries over to it as soon as I open it. The other day she scurried over to it, pulled herself up, and pulled her sippy cup of milk off of the second shelf! Ryan got home as soon as she started drinking and when she heard the door open, she scurried off to see Ryan with the sippy cup still hanging in her teeth. It was hilarious!
Ryan and I both feel like walking is just around the corner. I think a lot of it has to do with her little walker that she has as well as seeing the other kids walk around at the library. Yesterday I got a little misty-eyed when she pulled herself up and trotted off with her walker, her little booty shaking. My baby's growing up!
Here is one of her favorite cupboards to pull up to (also, one of the only unlocked ones).
Hooray, we had some visitor's this weekend! Robert and Carey were awesome enough to plan a vacation to Galveston. We got to see a lot of them over the weekend, which was so fun for us!
We went to a park downtown and Willa went crazy being able to crawl and crawl and crawl around. We thought it was appropriate to take a photo of her on top of the "Trojan Bear".
So excited! The grass was a really strange variety, maybe golf course grass? Not too wet and NO fire ants, perfect for a little baby to crawl in, huzzah! She had such a good time and it was nice to be able to allow her to crawl somewhere (instead of holding a howling baby at Walmart who is trying to reach for the ground). Ryan and I decided that we needed to get out more so that Willa can explore.
Finally, my cousin Donna made this cow blanket for Willa's first birthday BEFORE she knew that Willa was going to be a cow for Halloween. My sister Carrie also sent her this little cow Cabbage Patch Kid before she knew that Willa was going to be a cow. Coincidence or heavenly manifestation?
I also have to add a little note about Willa from this morning. I was making breakfast and she was hanging around my legs, whining and wanting to be picked up. Finally, I said, "Hey, where's Dada? Go find Dada!" Immediately, she stopped, turned and started crawling out of the kitchen and looking around! I yelled for Ryan to start talking to her. He started saying, "Willa, where are you? Willa!" She followed his voice and crawled back and into the bedroom where he was getting ready! I couldn't believe it! I know that they say that babies understand a lot, but sometimes it seems like they don't understand anything :)! Here is the proof! Such a growing girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment