Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy to be home!

Here is a photo of Willa at her little table this morning.  We got back to Houston yesterday afternoon and I think she is happy to be home.  I wondered if she would remember our apartment and Ryan, and I think she did! She's been so cheerful since we got home and has happily played by herself for hours, which shows me that she feels comfortable.  Even towards the end of the THREE WEEK visit, she was still pretty clingy at my parents' and did not like being left to play by herself.
I got this little table for $8 at a garage sale!  She is in love with it and wants to play at it all day.  Before we left, I had to sit by her and help her balance while she stood (which got old really quick since she wanted to be at it all day).  Now, look at that big girl standing with no help!  Seeing her with all her old things really shows me how much she grew while we were gone!

I was a little nervous that Willa would not like Ryan once we got home.  Happily, that wasn't the case. She was so excited when he got home from work that she kept giving these big smiles and jumping in my arms quite vigorously. In fact, so vigorously that she then bumped her head really hard right into my teeth... and then she cried.  She let him hold her right away and didn't reach for me at all.

Here are a few pictures from the trip.  I love her funny expressions in the first two photos!


 Uncle Chris and Aunt Lindsay

At Yellowstone - don't let her expression fool you, she loved that hiking backpack

Trying a new food!

She was a pretty good traveller.  She loved peeking between the airline seats to smile at the man sitting behind us.  We boarded our flight and were all ready when they had to have us deboard because something didn't pass the safety inspection.  I started to stress since traveling with a child is like having a ticking bomb with you.  I thought we might have to wait at the airport all day and become stand-by passengers on over-crowded flights.  Thankfully, they just called out another airplane and we were able to get going with only an hour's delay.  I had an empty seat next to me, which really helped!  I buckled her in there for a little bit and then she also laid down on it and took a nap for an hour and a half.  It was a big help and I think we may have dropped only one puff!

No comments:

Post a Comment