Today is the important nine month birthday mark! Willa has now been outside for as long as she was inside! Look at my little snugglebug with her zoot suit jammies and bedhead.
Dressed for the day and cute as can be!
Enjoying some yummy oatmeal for brunch
Willa probably lucked out today because I went over to Carol's house to make cupcakes. The change of scenery and two little toddlers to play with was heaven for her, she was a happy girl there! DJ liked to show off for Willa and when she was eating applesauce he decided that he would have applesauce for lunch, too. Her good humor at Carol's makes me think that maybe her increased whineyness at home is merely due to boredom.
The past month has been huge for Willa. A month ago she was hardly eating any solids; most days I wouldn't feed her any solids. About three weeks ago milk suddenly wasn't enough and she became a solids machine. I'm still trying to learn her new hunger cues because with the milk not quite satisfying her, our feeding schedule is all out of whack.
Along with feeding out of whack, sleeping has been out of whack. She's gone from sleeping 11+ hours to only sleeping 10 hours at night. Not so bad, except that I liked to put her to bed at 7 pm, which makes for an early wake-up call! I'm not sure if this is just the new her or if she is still adjusting to solids and needing more food. The good thing is that she has the two naps down!
Willa has had a couple of firsts this month. She has discovered her voice and likes saying dadada and shrieking a lot. She really likes to do this during church and got mad last week when Ryan tried to cover her mouth to quiet her.
Willa had her first poop in the tub. She looooves the tub, especially trying to drink the bathwater. She screamed royally when she was rudely whisked out of the poop-infested waters before she could give them a sip.
She's just our super fun, super cute girl! She gets more and more fun every day. Her personality comes out and she can be quite persnickety if I take too long getting her food ready or if I don't come play with her soon enough. She will cry if I set her down, but not if I leave and am out of sight. Sometimes I have to hide out in the kitchen to eat my lunch in peace because once I walk out where she can see me she will start whining again. I didn't know I was so popular! It's mostly funny when she gets mad or annoyed, but sometimes it is maddening and annoying.
Here are a few pictures from the past so that you can see how our Willa-girl has grown.
Newborn, 6lbs 7.5 oz and two weeks early:
One month:
Four months:
Eh, you get the idea, I don't feel like uploading any more photos.
Nine months - you know that I had to show off her new, bigger-size swimsuit. She's such a big girl and has gotten so roly-poly, we sure love her!

It's a good thing Willa was born while I was preggo. I didn't seem to really care about babies before then and now I LOVE them! I love lil Willers! (That's how I refer to her now.) I love her floofy hair in the first pic. The last picture reminded me of Ryan's Facebook photo. Look at them side by side- what a cute daddy-daughter duo they are!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe bottommost picture with the catawampus grin reminds me of Ryan.
ReplyDelete