Willa seems to have grown into an enormous child overnight. Nuclear exposure, maybe? Here she just pulled down her entire play yard on top of her. I decided that it was time to retire ye olde play yarde. We've certainly gotten our money's worth with this thing!
Ryan constructed a little sleigh ride for Willa and her friends.
It's been hotter than Hades here. It's depressing seeing the 7-day forecast when every day has the number 98 or 99 by it. Sheesh! On the news this morning they said that the average temperature for June is around 86 degrees, but this June the average was 98 degrees!!! Ryan and I don't think it's quite as hot as Las Vegas, where he put a cookie sheet and cookie dough in his car and the cookies actually baked while he was at church. It is, however, quite hot and it is quite early for it to be so hot.
I have mixed feelings on the heat. I served my mission in Canada and ever since then I have HATED the cold. It was so so so cold and we were only allowed to stay inside if it was -40 F or colder, and it got that cold! I think I developed some sort of post-traumatic stress from it because afterwards I hated the cold and would get anxiety from it. One of the reasons we picked Texas was because it wasn't cold. But this winter there was freak cold spell here and the temperature was in the 20s. I moved here thinking I could handle one bad season (summer) but not two bad seasons. I hate being trapped inside, at least when it is cold you can put more layers on and still go out sledding or skiing. We'll see if we acclimatize here. We go running at 6:00 am (when it's already 78 degrees) and it's bearable because the sun isn't up yet.
Quintessential Jon in that picture right there.
ReplyDeleteAgreed. Quintessential Jon in driving across the country and sleeping in his car to save a few bucks, too.
ReplyDeleteYour friend will meet one of our IU dental school friends, Russ, in Alabama. He's headed there right now, too. :)
ReplyDelete