Here is a photo of Ryan at the pool on the AF base (not the Forest Ridge pool); he stayed with swimming even while having to share the locker rooms with old AF men who liked to not wear clothes, swim suits, or towels... shudder.
In Greek mythology the nymph Thetis holds her her son Achilles by the heel as she dips him into the river Styx to make him immortal, but she forgets to dip in the heel that she was holding, making it the only vulnerable part of his body. I hoped to impart some sort of superhuman water feel to Willa by dipping her into the Forest Ridge pool (of course, I would never forget to dip Willa's heel in).
Unfortunately, despite planning and my packing enough swim diapers to go to the pool every day, plus one extra swim diaper - naps and rainy weather kept us from going! I was able to take Dylan and Claire one afternoon while Willa slept, but Willa herself never got to go. We will have to plan a trip back soon so that she can drink of the swimming waters of the Forest Ridge pool, hopefully I haven't set her back too far by missing out on it now.
Here are Ryan and Willa yesterday at our apartment pool. She is becoming quite the little fish and likes to put her head down to taste the water (see below). She comes up sputtering, but immediately puts her head back down again and she never cries. I might add something in about doing the same thing twice and expecting different results, but she's only a baby so I'll cut her some slack.
Look at that happy face!

No comments:
Post a Comment