It would have been more effective if we had done it a few weeks/months ago when she was closer to the same age and if she was wearing the same clothing.
Behold:


As you can see, we didn't really have a dark blue, collared, boy romper. I put on a light blue flowered romper and put some water on her right shoulder to recreate the drool, but the lighter fabric doesn't lend itself to large drool marks. I need to retake these with socks, too.
Behold:
I actually took this photo a few weeks ago, but wanted another attempt.
I put enough smiley photos in, here are some sad ones. She's so cute when she cries, I usually laugh.
Clearly, I need some instruction in the infant-mohawk 'do. As you can see, my mom was quite the expert. Willa's hair just seems to flop over. Ryan also might be disappointed because Willa's hair is still slightly wet-looking from the mousse. He accuses me of doing this on purpose so that my hair in my baby pictures looks more luxuriant. I tell him that I'm also jealous of Willa's soft skin and the attention that everyone gives her.
I think she mainly looks like me, but with Ryan sprinkled in. Ryan sometimes takes umbrage when I say who she looks like. "She looks like WILLA!" It's very important that she have her own identity, or maybe he's just tired of hearing me say the same things over and over and over.
Do you like the little puppy that she is posing with? Ryan got me this puppy for Valentine's Day. It has to do with a joke from an episode of Parks & Recreation which I won't attempt to explain here. It was a nice gesture, I suppose, since we weren't really planning on doing anything for Valentine's Day, but I suspect that Ryan was more thrilled with the idea of giving me a "little puppy" (cue inside joke) than the greatness of the gift. I told him that I look forward to the day when my Valentine's gift doesn't come out of the clearance dregs of a CVS pharmacy.
The little puppy has provided us lots of entertainment, usually we put him around the apartment doing various things. Here is a photo of him tucked into bed. Sometimes he is sitting up reading the Book of Mormon, sometimes hiding in Ryan's backpack, sometimes at night in the dark Ryan will reach over and have the puppy start stroking my head and it is freaky.

Willa looks most like Ryan when she is crying.
ReplyDeleteI guess I am predjudice but I think Cathy wins the look alike contest. I do see Ryan sprinkled in and as she gets older we may see more of him emerge. Great photos!!!! I love the sad look, too.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of Willa when she's crying, they're so cute! Haha and brilliant idea to put her in the same pose! I wish my parents had done that...
ReplyDeleteBecause Ryan is a cry-baby.
ReplyDeleteAh Peter, yes, now I understand your first comment. However, I cannot say if Ryan looks like Willa when she's crying from the fact that Ryan does not and never has cried. Just as a bird does not live in the ocean and a fish does not live on land so it is against Ryan's very nature to ever shed one tear.
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are hilarious.
ReplyDeleteAnd Cath--your today show call was awesome--such composure! You are a natural! You should definitely aspire to become a regular caller.